The parade will start at the Market Place (WV3 0SF) turning right into Salop St, proceeding to Cleveland Street, turning left at Central library into Garrick Street, then turning left into Bilston Street, then left into Dudley Street (pedestrian area), continue down Dudley Street to Queens Square. Turning left into Victoria Street, continue until reaching the traffic lights, finally turn right into Salop Street and end the parade back at the Market Place.
The route is around a mile and is likely to take around 1 hour, to allow for walkers staying together and allowing people time to catch up.
Parade walkers to arrive no later than 10.30am at Market Place.
The parade will start at 11am and is likely to arrive back at Market Place around 12 noon.
Regulation & Safety Guidelines
- Ensure you wear appropriate clothing and drink plenty of water. If the weather is warm please use sunscreen.
- Parade marshals wearing high visibility jackets will be on hand to direct you to the appropriate place within the parade.
- Entrants must arrive by 10:30am with their application form filled in, unless sent in previously. Forms will be collected by the parade marshals.
- Once the parade has started it is required that groups stay together and keep up to pace with the rest of the parade.
- People are unable to join the parade once it has set off, no exceptions.
- Marshals, security staff and police will be walking either side of the parade to ensure the safety of parade walkers and the public. Please follow any directions they give you.
- Should you have any concerns during the parade please talk with the nearest marshal.
- Strictly no alcohol is allowed before or during the parade, entrants of the parade should not be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. If anyone is found with alcohol or drugs they will face expulsion from the parade.
- Children (Under the age of 16) must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times before and during the parade.
- Decorations must be secure and safe.
- Banners and other promotional material must not exceed 8ft (2.43m) in width and must not be offensive/obscene; any banners that do not comply with this rule, will not be allowed to be displayed
- Entrants must not hand out or throw anything during the parade, including but not limited to; leaflets, gifts or confetti.
- This is a walking parade. Wheels will not be allowed into the parade (e.g. vehicles/roller skates/shopping trolleys etc.) with an exemption to wheelchairs, mobility scooters or any other device for medical purposes.
- Please do not bring any glass bottles.
- For more information and to ask for a registration form please contact the LGBT on 01902 425092