A new fast service to the i54 from Wolverhampton along Stafford Road, taking 18 minutes compared to 38 minutes now (Bus 25A/C).
New links to i54 for The Scotlands, Wednesfield, Willenhall and Bilston (Bus 25A/C).
A new service from Wolverhampton City Centre that operates right round New Cross Hospital grounds – (Bus 65)
Better links to Bentley Bridge for Stowheath and Ettingshall. (Bus 53).
531 will be replaced by service 53 with a new link to Wednesfield
Changes from 26 January 2014
Here are the main changes to existing services [this information is from Centro]:
25A (anticlockwise) and 25C (clockwise) will replace the 25, 25A and 26 t
Wolverhampton – Stafford Road – i54 – The Scotlands – Wednesfield –Willenhall – Bilston – Goldthorn Park – Wolverhampton
• New links to the i54 from Wednesfield, Willenhall, Bilston and Goldthorn Park.
• Route simplified in Wednesfield. All buses now run along Long Knowle Lane, Lower Prestwood Road, Ridge Lane and Wood End Road, providing an improved frequency in this area of a bus every 30 minutes.
• Gorsebrook Road will be served by the 62 and 62A.
• Amos Lane and Bellamy Lane will be served by the 50 and 65.
There will be no change to evening and Sunday service 26A Wolverhampton to Stowlawn.
There will be changes to the service 27 timetable, evening and Sundays.
28 t Wolverhampton – New Cross Hospital – Linthouse Lane – New Invention –Willenhall
• More direct route between New Invention and New Cross Hospital. Buses no longer serve the whole of the Ashmore Park loop due to low passenger numbers on this section.
• Buses now run along Peacock Avenue, the bottom section of Griffiths Drive and then Linthouse Lane. Passengers can connect with service 59 on Griffiths Drive for travel around the Ashmore Park loop.
• Now also serves Ridge Lane and Wood End Road.
40 t Wolverhampton – Portobello – Willenhall – Clarkes Lane – Lodge Farm – Walsall
• Route changed to run along Clarkes Lane and Walsall Road in Willenhall instead of Stringes Lane. Stringes Lane is served by 326 and 333X.
• Will now also serve the Portobello area in response to customer requests. Buses will run along Dilloways Lane, Vaughan Road, Hill Road and Moseley Road. This change will be on a trial basis. If customers use the service it will continue to operate.
• There will be changes to times throughout the day but no change to frequency.
41 T Willenhall – New Invention – Lodge Farm – Walsall
• Times have been changed to improve reliability.
41 will now serve Allens Rough evenings and Sundays.
50 T Wolverhampton – The Scotlands – Wednesfield
•The 50 will replace some parts of the 57 in The Scotlands and Fallings Park area.
53 T Rocket Pool – Bilston – Neachells – New Cross Hospital – Stowheath –Wolverhampton
• The 53 will replace the 57 between Wolverhampton and New Cross Hospital via Stowheath giving faster journey times to Bilston for Stowheath.
• The 53 will replace the 531 between Rocket Pool and New Cross Hospital via Bilston which will provide new links to Wednesfield.
57 T Wolverhampton – Willenhall – Bilston
• The 57 will run more directly between Wolverhampton and Bilston via Willenhall with some changes in the Wednesfield and Bilston areas.
• The change will provide faster and more reliable links to Wolverhampton and provide a new express service along the Black Country Route between Willenhall and Bilston.
• Current 57 customers in Wood End will get much faster links into Wolverhampton.
59 Wolverhampton – Wednesfield – Ashmore Park
• New bus shelters are being installed along this route.
62 and 62A T Wolverhampton – Compton – Finchfield/Perton
• Services 62 and 62A will be changed slightly to cover Gorsebrook Lane.
• Service 62A will also be extended to provide links to part of the Parkway in Perton (Sainsbury’s).
63 T Bradmore – Wolverhampton
• The 63 is unreliable due to the long route that it currently serves. To give a more reliable service on the 63 the service will operate from Bradmore (Oxbarn Avenue) to Wolverhampton (bus station).
• The 65 will cover Fordhouses to Blackhalve Lane.
64 T Wakeley Hill – Wolverhampton (bus station)
The 64 has been simplified and will terminate at Wakeley Hill to improve reliability.
65 T Fordhouses – New Cross Hospital – Wolverhampton
• The 65 will serve the current 63 route between Fordhouses and Blackhalve Lane before following its existing route through New Cross Hospital and then onto Wolverhampton.
• It will provide an improved service for all passengers, giving more direct services into Wolverhampton and Wednesfield and improved hours of service. • The 65 will also provide links to Bentley Bridge Retail Park.
69 Wolverhampton – Wednesfield – New Invention – Beechdale – Walsall
• Buses will now run directly along Lichfield Road between Coppice Farm Way and Wednesfield to provide faster journey times.
• Linthouse Lane and Ridge Lane to Wolverhampton will therefore be covered by service 28. Service 57 will also serve Linthouse Lane.
• Ridge Lane to Wednesfield is also covered by the improved 25A / 25C with buses running on this section every 30 minutes.
• The 69 will be extended to serve more of Wolverhampton City Centre. Buses will run along Lichfield Street, Victoria Street and Cleveland Street and will no longer serve the bus station.
82 t Wolverhampton – Bilston – Dudley
• Buses will now run along Horseley Fields, Old Heath Road and Deansfield Road between Wolverhampton and Bilston, following customer requests. Times will remain unchanged.
89 t Wolverhampton – Wednesfield – New Invention – Bloxwich – Pelsall – Rushall– Walsall
• There will be very minor changes to the times of buses from Wolverhampton City Centre.
• The times of buses on the 69 and 89 will be coordinated for most of the day to provide buses up to every 15 minutes between Wolverhampton, Wednesfield and New Invention.